Friday, April 24, 2015

Holika Holika Red Wine or White Wine Sleeping Mask?


As you guys might be aware, I absolutely LOVE the Holika Holika Wine Therapy sleeping masks. They are affordable, doesn't break me out, smell fantastic, great texture on the red wine, and  moisturizing. Its been about 2 months since I first purchased my Red Wine therapy sleeping mask and it is half empty, because I use it almost everyday (except when I am too lazy or tired to).

To read my review of the Holika Holika Red Wine Sleeping Mask click here.

One of the first questions I had when trying to purchase this product was red wine or white wine? Which is better for me? I didn't find a lot of information about what was different between the two products except that apparently the white wine was more moisturizing than the red wine. So now that I have finally tried both products, here the answer to the question, red wine or white wine.

Red Wine                                                                                                            White Wine

Texture and Appearance













The white wine is a lot easier to spread than the red wine. The white wine feels and looks just like lotion.













Above is the product just applied to the hand.
Below is the product applied to the hand and allowed to set (dry).











Scent

The red wine smells like grape jelly sandwich spread. The scent is strong but not overwhelming. I enjoy this scent a lot. The white wine has a very light medicinal grape scent. Smells exactly like children's chewable grape Tylenol. It is not a bad scent, but it reminds me of the Tylenol, which brings back memories of me being sick in bed with fever as a child. So because of the negative memories I associate with this scent, I prefer the smell of the red wine to the white wine.

Overall Differences

The red wine is great for combination skin. It provides good moisture, but it is not moisturizing enough for  the cold winter months. When I was using the red wine mask I had to layer on two layers of light lotion. I haven't been able to find a good one for the face. Most lotions I encounter are usually too heavy or too light.

The wine white is great for winter, cold, and dry weather. Its is perfect for dry skin, but it is too heavy for warmer weather. Sometimes when I use it when its warm, my face feels greasy when I wake up. It is a good product, just too heavy for summer or warm springs.

Definitely think they are both great but if I had to only pick one, I would pick the red wine. This is because I can use it 3 out of 4 seasons. If it is not moisturizing enough alone, you can simply add another layer of moisturizer before applying the red wine sleeping mask. However, if the product is too thick and heavy for the situation there isn't really anything you can do about it. Again keep in mind I don't have dry skin except in winter. For people with dry skin all year round, the white wine is the one you want.

Hope this is helpful. I definitely recommend you give this one a try. This is THE best Korean beauty product I have tried to far. One of my top 10s, probably even a holy grail.

1 comment: