Thursday, May 28, 2015

Review: XO MEMEBOX Hydrogel Mask

I received a Memebox Hydrogel Mask with with a Memebox I purchased a while ago. I held off on using the mask because I didn't have a need for it. The mask promises hydration, anti wrinkle, and whitening.

I had a really bad case of dry skin when I used the mask. My skin was peeling, it wasn't painful, just dried from the overuse of acne products, mainly benzyl peroxide. I tried it and LOVED this mask. Im ordering it as I type this blog. I plan to gift one to my mother, my friend's mother, my friends, and to myself.





This is what the mask looks like.


The mask is in between a clear sheet of plastic and the white sheets of paper as seen in the picture below. The paper has a texture like plastic.



They recommend you leave it on your face for 20-40 minutes. It felt so nice on my face I left it till the mask dried up. I also used the leftover serum in the mask package on my hands and neck. It made my skin so soft and moisturized!



I read some reviews on the Memebox Hydrogel Mask and the most common complaint was that the mask slipped off the face because it was in two pieces. I actually like the two piece fit. I think you can fit it to your face better. I also did not have a problem with the bottom half slipping.

You must overlap the masks a little if you don't want any slipping issues, I also laid down for like 10-15 minutes, this gave the mask time to dry a bit. When you first put on the mask, the pieces are so wet that if you overlapped the bottom and top half they will not adhere so well and might slip. I suggest lying down after application for a while to let it dry. If you simply must move around, perhaps use a blow drier to dry were the mask connects a little so you won't have slipping problems.

This is the mask after it is dried. As you can see the two pieces are stuck pretty well together where they overlap on the sides of the mask.



This is the texture of the dried mask. Even dried the mask retains a lot of the jelly texture. Upon closer examination and dissection of the mask it is a stretchy fiber plastic material woven into a mesh, kind of like fabric and coated with a gel texture rubber.



Conclusion: I LOVED this mask. Masks aren't something you should you everyday. In the Korean skincare routine, you use masks on an as needed basis in addition to your routine. I had excessively dried skin and this mask was wonderful. My face was well hydrated, but not oily. I also loved the scent, it smells herbal and naturally scented. I think I can smell a bit of ginger and chamomile in it. The scent is relaxing to me.

All the dead skin on my face peeled off. My skin was already peeling due to the excessive dryness. After applying and removing the mask, when I woke up the next day my skin was soft but the dead skin was peeling everywhere. I used a gentle face scrub and it removed all the dead skin. My face was so smooth and soft. I love this mask. The gel texture feel great on the skin and it actually retains the serum very well, keeping it from drying out and staying on your face longer.

I also had no allergic or any negative reaction to it. Would definitely recommend and it is a decent price. On the Memebox site is it $3 each (which is pretty pricey in my book), but if you purchase in a pack of 5 masks it becomes $2 a mask which is a decent price for something of such quality. Especially since it shouldn't be something you are using on a daily basis. Today is the day after I applied the mask and the effects are still very noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment