Sunday, July 3, 2016

Lee Ji Ham Vital CC Cream Review

I love this brand, Lee Ji Ham (LJH) was apparently formulated by dermatologist and sensitive on the skin. I had nothing but positive experiences with the Tea Tree Essence and Tea Tree Cream.

Being as their CC cream was on sale, I had to give it a try. Note to my readers, I do not usually use CC or BB creams. My makeup is mostly American and I have been so scared to try anything new because 90% of new foundations give my skin issues. I have been using Estee Lauder Double Wear and Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Mineral Powder for the last 8-10 years with no issues.


The packaging is nice, clean, and sanitary. I really love the pump system, it delivers good portion control and is very sanitary to use.

 

This CC cream is thick and white and has sun screen.


 The CC Cream magically turns the shade of your skin tone.


I thought of it as tinted sunscreen, and it made me look slightly paler and natural. The coverage was not bad and at first I loved this product. However, after going out for an 8-10 hour day. I came back and washed off the CC Cream to find hundreds of tiny white bumps on my skin. 

The ingredients as found on The Happy Prodigy's blog.

water, cyclopentasiloxane, titanium dioxide, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate,caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin, butylene glycol, PEG-10 dimethicone,ethylhexyl salicylate, niacinamide, phenyl trimethicone, zinc oxide, talc,disteardimonium hectorite, magnesium sulfate, iron oxides(CI 77492),dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, dimethicone, C12-14 pareth-3,portulaca oleracea extract, vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer,mica, iron oxides(CI 77491), phenoxyethanol, sorbitan olivate, trihydroxystearin,silica dimethyl silylate, aluminum hydroxide, aluminum stearate, methicone,polyester-1, iron oxides(CI 77499), ethylhexylglycerin, tocopheryl acetate,propylene glycol, acacia senegal flower/stem extract, adenosine, citrus limon (lemon) peel oil,citrus aurantium bergamia (bergamot) fruit oil, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil,citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel oil, amorphophallus konjac root extract,centella asiatica extract, pelargonium graveolens flower oil, aminopropyl dimethicone,polymethylsilsesquioxane, cedrus atlantica bark oil, spirodela polyrrhiza extract,hippophae rhamnoides extract, juglans regia (walnut) seed extract,persea gratissima (avocado) fruit extract, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed extract,aloe barbadensis leaf extract, angelica dahurica root extract, asarum sieboldi root extract,chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower/leaf extract,chrysanthemum morifolium flower extract, cnidium officinale root extract,eclipta prostrata extract, morus alba root extract, sambucus nigra fruit extract,thuja occidentalis leaf extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, vitex trifolia fruit extract,cananga odorata flower oil, cymbopogon nardus (citronella) oil,illicium verum (anise) fruit/seed oil, eugenia caryophyllus (clove) leaf oil,anthemis nobilis flower oil, jasminum officinale (jasmine) oil,santalum album (sandalwood) oil, ferula galbaniflua (galbanum) resin oil,rose flower oil

When I ran the ingredient list through Acne Mantra, these were the results:

Butylene Glycol is mildly comedogenic
Dimethicone is mildly comedogenic
Talc is mildly comedogenic
Zinc Oxide is mildly comedogenic

I guess one of those above ingredients are clogging more pores or I am allergic to one of their many other ingredients.

Conclusion 
 
The CC cream clogged my skin really bad and I personally do not recommend this product. However, I will say overall this product has positive reviews online so maybe it is just my sensitive skin type. I really wanted this product to work for me because the finish was so light, luminous, and natural.
.


1 comment:

  1. if you have clogged pore problems, then use moisturizer before foundation or cc . it helps !

    ReplyDelete